Dr. Matthew Schurter
Dr. Matthew Schurter BSc, MD, CCFP(FPA), FCFP practices family medicine at the Sunderland Medical Centre. Patients seeing Dr. Schurter for preoperative anesthetic appointments are generally seen at Lakeridge Health Port Perry.
Dr. Schurter completed a BSc in life sciences as well as medical school at Queen’s University, residency in Family Medicine at the University of Ottawa and residency in FP-Anesthesia at the Northern Ontario School of Medicine in Sudbury.
Dr. Schurter has an interest in travel medicine. To book a travel advice appointment, please fill out the form and either FAX it to the office at 705-357-3926 or email it to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Schurter is concerned about the opioid crisis in Canada. Please see letstalkaboutopioids.ca or @matthewschurter on twitter for more information.
The Sunderland office can be reached at 705-357-2336 or at email@example.com.
Dr. Matthew Schurter is currently booking both in-person and telephone visits online at this time based on the type of appointment you require.
All appointments will be held at the Sunderland Medical Centre.
Use this link to book an appointment for things such as:
- Regular Appointment/New Issue
- Follow-up/Chronic Issue
- Adolescent Checkup (ages 12-18)
- Infant or Child Checkup (ages 12 and under)
- Diabetes Checkup
- Form or Sick note
- Medication Renewal
- Pregnancy Checkup (under 28 weeks)
Dr. M. Schurter is participating in a very exciting project which provides a way for patients to communicate directly with their health care providers using a secure web-based platform called VirtualCare.
- Online appointments may not reflect all appointments available.
If you are unclear of how/when to book or need more appointment flexibility, please contact the office directly @ 705-357-2336
- Online appointments are only available with your own family physician. However, if your doctor is unavailable, the Port Perry Urgent Care Same-Day clinic is the preferred back up.
- This link is for non urgent appointments. Please call reception if
you have an urgent request @ 705-357-2336
- A fee may apply for missed or cancelled appointments without 24 business hours notice.
Please call our 24 hour cancellation line at 905-985-2895 extension 6224 to cancel your appointment.
- Online appointment booking utilizes a booking platform provided by our partners at Ocean by CognisantMD
If you feel your symptoms are a medical emergency that need to be dealt with right away then proceed to the emergency room. Examples might include; new chest pain, difficulty breathing, or broken limb.