Dr. Steven Russell
Dr. Steve Russell moved from Yellowknife, NWT to Port Perry in 1993. Dr. Russell received his medical degree from Queen’s University in 1989.
In addition to his family practice, Dr. Russell is the Medical Director of Oak Ridges Hospice residence in Port Perry. He also serves on the North Durham Palliative Care Team.
Dr. Russell and his wife have travelled to Central America and Africa with non-profit medical mission teams over many years.
Dr. Russell enjoys running, cycling and skiing. In addition to his love of the great outdoors, the Russell’s are also enjoying their new role as grandparents.
Dr. Steve Russell’s office can be reached by calling 905-985-2895 extension 5417
Dr. Steven Russell is currently booking limited in-person appointments online at this time. For virtual appointments, please call the office.
Use this link to book an appointment
for things such as:
- Regular Appointment/New Issue
- Follow-up/Chronic Issue
- Diabetes Checkup
- Form or Sick note
- Medication Renewal
To book appointments for the following reasons, please call the office, 905-985-2895 ext. 5417
- Adult Checkup (including Physicals and Wellness Checks) – Ages 18+
- Drivers Medical Exam (and Form if applicable)
- Adolescent Checkup (ages 12-18)
- Infant or Child Checkup (ages 12 and under)
- Pregnancy Checkup (under 28 weeks)
- Advice/Mental Health/Counselling/Education
- Online appointments may not reflect all appointments available.
If you are unclear of how/when to book or need more appointment flexibility, please contact the office directly @ 905-985-2895
- Online appointments are only available with your own family physician. However, if your doctor is unavailable, our Urgent Care Same-Day clinic is the preferred back up.
- This link is for non urgent appointments. Please call reception if you have an urgent request @ 905-985-2895
- A fee may apply for missed or cancelled appointments without 24 business hours notice.
- Please call our 24 hour cancellation line at 905-985-2895 extension 6224 to cancel your appointment.
If you feel your symptoms are a medical emergency that need to be dealt with right away then proceed to the emergency room. Examples might include; new chest pain, difficulty breathing, or broken limb.