Medical Associates of Port Perry and the North Durham Family Health Team are pleased to announce that the clinic has been approved as a vaccination site for the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
Appointments will be held at the North Durham Health Centre.
located at 462 Paxton Street, Port Perry, ON
Vaccine supply is still limited in Durham Region. As vaccine supply increases, the capacity of clinics and appointments will increase.
Appointments are available for any Durham Region resident born in 1981 or earlier (age 40 and over).
(You do not need to have a doctor at the clinic)
(Booking for the 1st Dose only)
To book an appointment have your health card ready and follow the link at the bottom of this page.
- Please provide and Email address (can be family support person) if one is not on file already
Carefully review the following questions:
- Do you have any allergies to the vaccine components (AstraZeneca)?
- Do you have any other active infection?
- Are you experiencing signs/symptoms of COVID-19 infection?
If you answered yes to any question, 1-3, please contact your doctor. We cannot vaccinate you at this time.
- Have you received another vaccine (not a COVID-19 vaccine) in the past 14 days?
If you answered yes to question 4, book your appointment a minimum of 14 days after your last vaccination.
- Do you have an uncontrolled bleeding disorder?
- Are you immunosuppressed due to disease or treatment, or do you have an autoimmune disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Are you breastfeeding?
If you answered yes to any question, 5-8, consult with your doctor prior to booking a vaccination appointment.
If you have already consulted with your doctor and you can receive the vaccination, continue to next question.
- Have you ever had a severe allergic reaction NOT related to vaccines (e.g.: food, drug, venom, latex, etc.)?
You are still eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Please note that at the clinic, you will be asked to complete a longer observation time of 30 minutes after you receive your vaccination. Continue to the next question.
- Have you ever had a serious reaction following immunization that has not been investigated by a physician?
If you answered yes to question 10, please contact the Durham Health Connection Line at 1-800-841-2729 or 905-668-2020 prior to booking a vaccination appointment. We need to follow-up to ensure it is safe for you to receive the vaccine at our clinics.
- Are you undergoing chemotherapy or do you have a history of organ, bone marrow or stem cell transplant?
If you answered yes to this question, please book your vaccine appointment through www.durham.ca/vaccineappointment or covidvaccine.lh.ca
Ensure you bring proof of eligibility Acceptable proof of eligibility includes:
- Acceptable proof of age (Any government issued ID)
You will be turned away if you are unable to provide proof.
Do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your appointment.
Our clinics are a scent-free environment, please do not use/wear any scented products when you attend your appointment. There is no food or drink permitted inside the clinics.